Calls For Challenges
19th IEEE Int. Conf. on Advanced Video and Signal-Based Surveillance
Both at EXCO Convention Center, Daegu, South Korea and virtually.
6 (Mon.) ~ 9 (Thur.), November, 2023
AVSS 2023 is the 19th edition of the IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-Based Surveillance, a premier forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in the field of video and signal-based surveillance. AVSS 2023 is sponsored by the IEEE Signal Processing Society. The goal is to provide a game-changing and cross-disciplinary forum that brings together experts from academia, industry, and government to advance the frontiers of theories, methods, systems, and applications.
AVSS 2023 invites proposals for Challenge addressing problems that will engage and excite the video processing/analytics and surveillance research community.
|Challenge Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline||May 1, 2023|
|Acceptance Notification||May 15, 2023|
|Challenge Date||November 6, 2023|
The proposal should include the following information:
- The challenge title that is explicative of the addressed topic
- A brief introduction of the challenge (max 500 words)
- The impact and significance of the challeng in the research and/or industrial community
- The rules for participation
- The criteria that will be used to evaulate the submitted entries
- The team that will run the challenge
- Important dates (e.g., submission deadline, data available, and winner anouncement)
- Award propsed (if any)
- Sponsorship (if any)
Challenge organizers should provide a dataset to participating teams that should include a training set with ground truth and a testing set whose ground truth is hidden. Challenge organizers are in charge of the evaluating the results/models submitted by the participants on the testing set.
Challenge organizers will also organize the presentation of the best-performing teams in a dedicated session at AVSS. The session includes:
- The presentation of the challenge
- The presentation of awards and the sponsors (if any)
- A presentation of the model/approach by the participating teams
Proposals should be submitted via email to the challenge chairs:
- Zheng Tang (Nvidia Metropolis, USA) : email@example.com
- Weiyao Lin (SJTU, China) : firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquiries regarding the challenge sessions should be sent to the challenge chairs.